The beginning of a new year is often a time to reflect on the year that was, and to set personal goals for the upcoming year. Do you have ideas on how you plan to improve your health and happiness in 2015? It's never too late to think about New Year's resolutions, and we recommend making a commitment that benefits your oral health!
It's important that New Year's resolutions are reasonable and attainable, and that they improve your overall quality of life. For example, did you know that flossing every day is the very best way to prevent gum disease during your orthodontic treatment? Using a straw when drinking sugary beverages can also help prevent cavities while you are wearing braces. There are many small steps that you can take to prevent cavities, oral infections and bad breath.
If your resolution is to attain a great looking smile, Sondhi-Biggs-Hansen Orthodontics would love to help! Please feel free to contact any of our team members to schedule your appointment. Happy Holidays!
Friday, December 19, 2014
We have decided that since the Pumpkin Contest is loved so much we are going to have our 1st annual winter contest! This year, each staff member will be building their own Snowman! Stay tuned to vote on Facebook or at your next visit. The competition is hot enough to melt a Snowman!!
Monday, December 8, 2014
Here are a few helpful hints for keeping your retainer clean:
- Always rinse your retainer in water after you have removed it, as drying saliva can cause tartar build-up.
- Remember to clean your retainer case periodically.
- Brush your retainer with a toothbrush and toothpaste every night.
- Wash your hands before and after handling the retainer.
- Never use hot water to rinse or clean your retainer, as it will distort the retainer.